What is Search engine marketing (SEM)?
Search Engine Marketing is a paid form of advertising. SEM is used to find some information in the search engine result page (SERP) in a paid listing or Sponsored Ads. It is also called
Most commonly used terms to refer SEM:
• PPC(Pay per click)
• Paid Advertising
• Paid Search Ads
• CPC(Cost per click)
The main objective of Search Engine Marketing is to drive the traffic to your website and convert those visitors into potential customers.
When you are new to the industry it’s very difficult to rank on top organically. In that case, it is worth to invest in Paid SEM. It will help you in driving traffic and visitors to your website.
Why Search Engine Marketing?
• SEM is moreover Conversion Focus
• Enhance Brand Awareness
• Can deliver Immediate Results
• Can Analyze traffic and search intent(Clicks, Conversions, Impressions)
• SEM is best for Local Business
• Fastest Way to be in the first in Search Engine Result Page(SERP)
• Insights of your customers, Competitors etc
• Can Customize by the audience and even location
Which Platform do we use for SEM?
Google Ads are previously known as Google AdWords most popular platform used for paid ads. Similarly, Bing and Yahoo have Bing Ads. This tool which is used for paid ads for Bing and Yahoo.
Advertisements created in Google Ads (AdWords) will be displayed in Search partner websites.
Websites that partner with Google to show ads called Search Partners.
Google Search partners divided into 2 networks
1) Google Search Network (Text Ads)
2) Google Display Network (Image, Video ads)
How your advertisement appears on SERP?
When the search term of the user matches with the keyword of the advertiser then it will trigger your ad.
Google Ad Ranking:
• The position of the ads you create on Google ads(Google AdWords)depends on the Ad rank
• Ad Rank= Quality Score * Bid * Ad Extension
The Quality score consists of 200 factors but only 3 are important:
1. CTR(Cost Through Rate)
2. Ad Copy Relevancy
3. Landing Page Quality
4. Historical A/c performance
Different types of bidding (Bid) strategies:
1. CPC/Manual CPC
2. CPC/Max Clicks/Automatic CPC
3. Enhance CPC
4. Target CPA
5. Target outrank share
6. Target Return on Ad Spend
7. Target search page location
There are 9 Ad Extensions:
1. Site Link Extension
2. Call out Extension
3. Structured Snippet Extension
4. Call Extension
5. Location Extension
6. Price Extension
7. Promotion Extension
8. App Extension
9. Msg Extension
Type of ads in Google Ads (Google AdWords):
1. Search Campaign
2. Display Campaign
3. Shopping Campaign
4. Video Campaign
5. Universal app Campaign